These links are mostly for those in the U.S.A. We also have a page with links to the national organizations for people with hearing loss in countries outside the USA, our International Links page.
If you would like to be on this page, please contact our webmaster.
Interesting web sites
- MICROBATTERY – offers a range of hearing aid batteries and cochlear implant batteries.
- BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid)
- Searchwave – Digital hearing aid guide
- Hearing Impaired – Makes accessories and service dog supplies.
- Otology Online – All about ears
- Online Sign Language Dictionary
- Boys Town Hospital – Hereditary Hearing Impairment Research
- HEARNET – Hearing Education and Awareness for Rockers
- Speechreading – Lipreading Info
- ADA – Americans With Disabilities Act Documents
- Online Speech Pathology programs – Hearing Loss resources
- Caption Call
- Virginia State resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Menieres International – About Menieres disease
If you can’t afford them (in the United States) or if you want to donate old aids:
- Olive Osmond Hearing Fund
- Lions Clubs
- National Hearing Aid Project
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
Some of our members are donating to the K R Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing, Bangalore, India, which treats children in the field of deafness and hearing loss. For information on donating old hearing aids to this organization, please contact our webmaster.
Sites with Consumer and Medical Information
- Listen-Up for information and products for the hearing impaired, including children
- Social Security Disability Resource Center
- List of State Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Programs
Other Hearing Loss Resources
There are many resources available to help folks deal effectively with their hearing loss. Here are a few of them.
- IFHOH (International Federation Hard of Hearing)
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- Association of Late Deafened Adults (ALDA)
- CordlessWorkz: Amplified phones for the hearing impaired